twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Game For Me

After lolling around the house for quite sometime now...
I found an odd set of cardboards on top of the refrigerator.
(The ref I have a habit of opening and closing its door when I go inside my parents' room. It became a habit because most of the time it had lots of food in it but for tonight, there wasn't much...)

The cardboards, of what I've observed, were new in my parents' clutter. I thought it was just nothing…but it wasn’t…
It had black prints on it…some with tea cups, houses, garden tools and lots of words…inspirational words...ones that the reader reckon should do.

That’s where an idea hit me. A new game. For me.

This game might actually be the push that I need. These 38 cards (which I can’t tell you what’s written in it) shall be a game I like to call ‘Trucs a Faire’ meaning ‘Things to Do’.

If you had read my feeling-down post: 23 at 23. That’s where I got the name of the game from. I have been feeling down lately.
And somehow, this new game came to me as an inspiration to get myself out of my own rut.

I love to play games. Except when it comes to ball-games!
Never been a fan of those. Never will be, I guess.
The closest encounter of me actually liking sports would be playing badminton.
And I still got scared of the shuttlecock hitting me on the face.
That’s my status with athleticism. I’m pretty much geeky.

But this…tehehe…I have a thing for. I love to make the mechanics myself.
It keeps my brain working really well, making it my own kind of game.
Well, I can’t say it as original for the fact that I didn’t make the cards.
But the mechanics of the game, maybe for that I can take credit for.

Anyway, the mechanics can be a toughie, too.
I need it to be fool-proof. Actually, GENN-PROOF.
I’m playing against myself, my tardy self.
So, it can be pretty hard to make rules that won’t have a loophole.
I know myself well that if I want to get out of the game, I will get out of it.
That will make the game faulty meaning if I can’t play it neither other people would especially when they don’t want to play anymore.

I want this game to have a good result, not just for my sake but for the next person I’m going to give it to.

Well, that’s all for now. I really have to think about the mechanics of the game and looking at the 38 cards, which I haven’t read all of them yet and I don’t intend to because it may lost the surprise factor, is already giving me the chills.

I haven’t picked a card to do yet and I won’t, not till I’m ready…now, when will that be?

It also got me thinking, if ever I do finish the game fair and square, I wonder…what changes it would do. I hope it’s the good kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment